British Columbia Science Fiction Association
Welcome to BCSFAnet, the electronic home of the British Columbia Science Fiction Association. BCSFA is a general interest science fiction fan organisation covering the broad spectrum of science fiction. Club interests include books, art, movies and television, models and collectables, personalities and celebrities, comics, music, trivia, writing (a number of our members are published authors), the history of SF, astronomy, space programs past and present, unusual science — in fact, anything at all to do with SF that you can think of — and finally, the phenomenon of SF fandom in and of itself.
BCSFA offers several resources to science fiction fans in BC:
- Published monthly since 1973, BCSFAzine is BCSFA's newsletter, reflecting the “General Interest” nature of our club. The usual content includes articles on subjects as diverse as films, fandom, the space program, book reviews, TV shows, comics, oldtime radio, personal essays, humour, etc. The editor is Felicity Walker.
- BCSFA presents several regular events for different interests, and our events section also includes events sponsored by other clubs in the area.
- Mailing List
- BCSFA operates a mailing list where BCSFA members and interested others can plan and announce events, discuss various SF-related topics and issues, and generally have a good time.
- BCSFA provides resources for BC fans (and other interested fans), including the Canadian Fancyclopedia and the Fan-Friendly Vendor Directory.
- BCSFAnet links to every fan club in BC for which we have been able to find a web site, as well as resources sites and directories to help you find sites related to anime, comics, costuming, fantasy, gaming, historical recreation, mad science, models & miniatures, rocket science, science fiction, space science, and writers in BC, across Canada, in the Pacific Northwest, and around the world.
- About Us
- To learn more about BCSFA, including information on how to contact us, how to join BCSFA, answers to frequently-asked questions, links to member sites, and what's new on the web site, look here.